NurseConnect Resource Centre
NurseConnect has identified some sources of useful, up-to-date information.
- National Department of Health
- National Institute for Communicable Diseases (outbreak notices, forms, regulations)
- Perinatal Mental Health Project (guides, booklets, videos)
- Family Planning Handbook
- Amayeza Information Centre
- Standard Treatment Guidelines and Essential Medicines List for South Africa: Primary Healthcare Level: 2018 Edition
- Guidelines for Maternity Care in South Africa, 2016
- National Consolidated Guidelines for the Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV (PMTCT) and the Management of HIV in Children, Adolescents and Adults, 2015
Free Apps for your phone
EML standard treatment guidelines: provides the Primary Health Care Standard Treatment Guidelines, Hospital Level Adult Guidelines, Tertiary and Quaternary Level EML Recommendations and Essential Medicines List.
HIV clinical guide: provides guidelines and decision-support for healthcare workers treating HIV patients in South Africa.
Hotlines to call
National HIV & TB Health Care Worker Hotline
Phone: 0800 212 506 | SMS: 071 840 1572 A toll-free hotline available Mondays to Fridays 8:30am to 4:30pm.
National AIDS Helpline
Phone: 0800 012 322 A 24-hour toll-free hotline with information on HIV testing, treatment, care and prevention.
Phone 0800 055 555 A 24 hour, toll-free helpline dealing with child abuse and neglect.